Monday, November 16, 2009

Kotor, Montenegro

The small city of Kotor was definitely a highlight thus far. My hostel was again located inside the fortress walls of the Old Town. The walkways make up a labyrinth of twists and turns which had me walking in every direction except the right one.



The river/sea on the north side of the fortification.



I took a quick excursion up a slot canyon and found this little beauty.



Looking up the canyon.



Wild pomegranate.


I spotted some wild goats running around the mountainside.



Heading up the trail to the back side of the fortress.


A slug that doubles as a prank cat turd.



Just taking the cow for a walk.


A view of the fortress, sea, and city of Kotor on my way to the top of the trial.


I met up with some friends from the hostel half way up.

One more hour to the top.



From the top of the trail looking down the canyon to the sound.


My camera lens just couldn't capture it all, but on the bottom left you can see the top of the fortress walls.






Almost lost my camera on this timed shot! It started to fall off the rock as I came back to get it.


Too many good pics to choose from.


I came back down the trail and headed inside the fortress.


The hidden entrance.

A view from the hidden entrance.


Close to the top looking down.


There are 1,408 steps from the top to bottom.
The doorway to the castle at the top of the fortress.


Inside the castle.


The dungeon for prisoners.

Back in old town.


Night view of the fortress.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Abell, awesome...awesome pictures. That granite slot canyon was awesome. Looks like a really special, beautiful part of the World, I hope I get to see it one day.

    Travel safe.

    Dimitri

    ReplyDelete