Friday, November 20, 2009

Dubrovnik Croatia

Leaving the sound from Kotor


Kotor mountains


Adriatic Sea sunset on the way to Dubrovnik.




Hostel in Dubrovnik


The drawbridge entering the Dubrovnik old town.


Main strip in old town


Dubrovnik was founded in the 7th century and has frequently changed hands though warfare. The most recent siege was in 1991 after the break up of Yugoslavia where the Serbian-Montenegrin's shelled the city for seven months before being over taken by the Croatian Army. The city was quickly rebuilt after the siege.




Outside the walls.




I found a unlocked door as I toured around the old town and it led to this great view.


Walking back to the hostel from old town.


The coast near my hostel.


I stumbled upon these three Croats and they were happy to let me play volleyball with them for the rest of the afternoon.


These are the shells/mortars/grenades that my hostel owner found laying around after the siege. The biggest shell is 122 mm in diameter (~ 5 inches!)


Last shot before heading to Mostar Bosnia.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you dominated on the volley-ball court! Wow...some of these places look amazing

    ReplyDelete