Saturday, January 16, 2010

Snowbaording at Andermatt

Figuring that I wouldn't have another chance to snowboard this year due to my upcoming Southeast Asia tour, I jumped at the invitation from Blair. A group of five of us headed an hour and fifteen minutes to the slopes of Andermatt.

Prepping in the parking lot.


Herded like cattle into the Gondola with 60 other people.


Panoramic looking off the back side of the Andermatt. Click on the pic for a better view



I think I could have stayed here all day and enjoyed the view.

Sorry, but the scenery here is a little better than CO.




Looking off the front side with the sleepy town of Andermatt way down below.


Like a kid in a candy store.


You don't have to worry about trees around here.


Made plenty of fresh turns.


The majority of the mountain is like a bowl with only a few groomed runs.




Friends from TASIS.


My gear is brought to you by AC/CD

Sunset from the apartment.

1 comment: