Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Phnom Penh Cambodia

Unfortunately I ran out of time and wasn't able to get to Vietnam. I guess I enjoyed Laos and Cambodia too much. I headed up to the capital of Cambodia, Phnom Penh, with the main goal of selling my motorcycle. After five weeks on my Minsk I was no where near wanting to get rid of it, but I think shipping it to Switzerland or the States was out of the question.

Grabbing a bite to eat at the local market.

Washed and unwillingly ready to sell.


On my way to the scooter slums to look for a buyer I noticed my back tire was flat. I took it as a sign that my motorcycle didn't want to leave me either. Every other corner you can find someone that will fix your bike. Here they are melting on a patch .


Crazy traffic in the big city means that the sidewalk is often used as the street.


After some painful bargaining I sold my bike for a mere $110 to this local. I figure the whole motorcycle experience was worth far more than what I paid anyway.


A common game played by locals is similar to hacky sack but played with a birdie.


Disappointed (lucky) that I never got to use my motorcycle rain gear, I tried it out in my hotel bathtub.


Good thing it never rained.


My last hurrah with Hannah and Anthony.

Time: 4:10 am.
Alarm set for 5:15 am for my 14 hour bus ride to Bangkok.....woke up at 8 am and arranged plan B to Bangkok.


Plan B was a 1 hour plan flight for $100. I am really glad I missed that 14 hour bus.


To Bangkok for a night, then a day layover in Dubai, and finally back to Switzerland and my FIANCE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment