Thursday, September 24, 2009

Trip to Como Italy

Downtown Como


The very inexpensive outdoor Flea Market where you can find anything

This was the room I thought I was going to rent...but apparently I come off as a little creepy??


This was the view from the porch of that room.


Another shot of the shopping area in the Center.


Como Square


Looking from Como Square at Lake Como


The Como Courthouse


That's me headed out to the end of the pier.



"That's my boat"


A view looking from the pier towards Como Square and downtown.



All this biking called for an ice cold Moretti on the pier



These fisherman were very entertaining. First of all, they fish with 25 foot poles that have no reels. The line is exactly the same length as the pole so they just put their rod straight up to change their bait. I think I am going to try it out one of these days.


Serene Lake Como


By the looks of it this seems like a very important building. It sits on the shore of the lake.

This was a really cool statue in front of the building above. Apparently two of the kids dared the third to jump on the back of the mermaid dragon while they held the "dragmaid" down. My hats off to all three of them.


As I was riding back across the Italian-Switzerland boarder this strange site caught my eye. I guess they make elk jerky here.


Just me being happy for this great experience.



This is just one of the many vibrant colors of the all the houses in the area. I like their style!


On the train back to Lugano. These trains are very clean and accommodating.




















No comments:

Post a Comment