Thursday, January 14, 2010

Valencia Spain

After a five hour drive up the east coast of Spain we arrived in Valencia at about 9 pm. I dropped Emily off at the hostel and then proceeded to drive around the entire downtown including a 5 mile radius outside downtown looking for a parking spot.


**Side Note: I forgot to mention that it is a trip in itself to try and drive around any city in Spain. The downtown streets are still made for a horse and carriage, and the newer 7 lane round abouts with no painted lanes are a haven for sideswipes and fender benders. It all makes sense why the guide books strongly discourage tourists driving in any city. Nevertheless we manged to go the whole three weeks with no damage to our car.


So back to the parking situation, it eventually took me 2 hours to find a semi-legal parking spot, park, and then walk 10 minutes in the opposite direction from our hostel before almost loosing my mind. I finally worked my way back to the hostel and was tired so we slept.

The next day Em and I headed to the beach for the day and relaxed and also left the camera batteries in the charger at the hostel....sorry no pics. We did enjoy watching four guys play volleyball using everything but their hands (I think every game out here is geared towards soccer).



Deep thoughts of umbrellas by Emily Sloan


Our last day in Valencia was spent wondering around the Arts and Sciences Museums. The architecture here is extraordinary.


This structure remind me of that 80's movie "Flight of the Navigator" anyone.....anyone....


Inside the museum. Looks like a fun job.



Nerds at the IMAX theater.

Emily might kill me for putting this one up, but I find it's always good to laugh at yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment